This week I’m wading through the murky waters of the coaching and counselling industry… I’m sharing an analogy and some questions to help you understand the difference between the professions, talking about qualifications, guidelines and laws and also shedding some light on the term mentor. Finally I offer some advice to help you know which counsellor/coach/mentor is right for you and some considerations to keep in mind as a client.
I’m not an expert, but I am in the industry and these are my observations. You may very well disagree with my interpretations, but I was keen to share my views and hopefully offer some guidance. Let me know what you think over on Instagram, @katbluejay.
You can listen wherever you get your podcasts or listen here.
LINKS AND FURTHER READING:
- Happiful article – do I need a counsellor or a coach?
- Happiful article – 5 questions you should ask yourself when you’re searching for a counsellor
- More information on counsellor qualifications guidelines
- Some key counselling professional bodies
- Some key coaching professional bodies
- How to find a coach that’s right for you
- Why is everyone becoming a coach?