On the podcast this week I wanted to talk about negative thought cycles – you know, when you find yourself staring at the wall thinking one negative thought after another and feel utterly paralysed.
I recorded this a couple of weeks ago, before the coronavirus pandemic started, so it honestly wasn’t planned but I do feel like it’s good timing.
I’m sharing an example of when I found myself in a negative thought cycle and the steps I took to get myself out of it, from taking a shower to changing the narrative (and everything in between). If this is something you need to hear right now, give this week’s episode a listen.
You can listen wherever you get your podcasts or listen here:
Links and further reading:
- How to get out of a negative thought spiral (if you’d prefer a written version)
- Understanding the negativity bias
- Benefits of being self-aware
- Sas Petherick, Tara Mohr, Jen Carrington and Sara Tasker.
- How to build a self-belief evidence bank
- Subscribe to my newsletter to find out about my new coaching packages (and get a discount)