I was really keen to cover the topic of negativity and specifically our brain’s negativity bias on the podcast because there are so many unhelpful articles out in the world that enter #positivevibesonly territory.
I believe it’s more helpful for us to raise our awareness and understand what the negativity bias is, how we can tilt the balance and what we can do when negativity shows up instead of just shut it down. And this is exactly what I’m discussing in this episode.
There are some references to studies here, so do check out the links below for more information. I hope you find it interesting, let me know your thoughts over on Instagram using #seedlingpodcast.
You can listen wherever you get your podcasts or listen here.
LINKS AND FURTHER READING:
- Information on John Cacioppo study on negativity bias and the importance of small frequent acts of happiness
- How to make every day more lovely
- 10 ways to find calm in your day
- The neuroscience of why gratitude makes us healthier
- The problem with positivity
- Coaching services